Selling Your House? Then It’s Time To “Think Spring”!
If you’re selling your house in the Chicago area, then you know that the weather forecast is calling for more snow. But Real Estate transactions and staging your house can no longer wait for Mother Nature to change her tune. It’s time to take charge and take advantage of the random mild day to get started (and finished) boosting your property’s curb appeal!
For the home seller, “time is money”, so here goes:
- Review and complete all of the items from the infographic above.
- Any paint-able surfaces on the home should look freshly painted in an up-to-date color (unless home is historic property).
- Gutter, fascia, etc., should be level and properly attached.
- Windows sparkling-clean.
- Shingles should be in good order.
- All retaining walls should look and function as intended.
- Front door should look beautiful. Freshly stained or painted, glass clean, thresholds, hinges, knobs, and weather stripping clean and in place. Doorbell working.
- Light fixtures always clean, good quality light bulbs, all bulbs same brand and wattage. Leave exterior lit at night. Buyers often drive by at night.
- Fences should be freshly stained or painted and not leaning.
- Mailbox should look good.
- House numbers can easily be updated if they look worn or out of style.
- Trash cans should be uniform, clean, and tucked away as discreetly as possible.
- Consider adding two beautiful planters of flowers near front door.
- Patio furniture should be arranged well and cushions cleaned.
- Plant flowers.
- Consider whether that favorite statue, bird house, doo-dad, etc., really adds to a pleasing aesthetic, or should it be put in storage until you move?
- If cement or other hardscape area is discolored, here is a good product to try:
A Home Seller Only Has A Few Seconds To Make A Good First Impression:
A beautiful front entry from Houzz and Indulgy